radiantshadows

Radiant Shadows

Sam Cruz's Infallible Guide to Getting Girls

Sam Cruz's Infallible Guide to Getting Girls - Tellulah Darling Wow, a YA read that has teenagers with realistic teenage dialogue! Sam Cruz's Infallible Guide to Getting Girls not only surprised me, but had me laughing at almost every turn. Slightly over-sexed with a predictable plot, it wasn't brazenly original. But it was sexy and fun and I thoroughly enjoyed reading it!Sam is a horndog; his every move calculated in order to best attract members of the opposite sex and he tries very hard to look like he's not trying. For him, every passing woman is a challenge that he's wiling to accept. A feast in fuck-me pumps. I must have her.The only stable and consistent female relationship in his life is his friendship with his best friend Ally, an academic and hopeless romantic who loves Sam despite his doggish ways. Sam's a dog, and like all good pet owners dealing with that embarrassing leg-humping issue, I just spray him down from time to time and love him anyway.Having recently had her heart broken, she turns to Sam for advice on how to get in and get out without getting hurt.I absolutely LOVED Sam and Ally's relationship. Nothing was off the table, and their constant banter had me in tears from laughing. Their friendship was obviously built on years of history and their familiarity with each other radiated in their every interaction."Shut up. Do I need a Brazilian?" "That's between you and your lady parts." "But you've seen more of them than I have. What's normal?" "I'm not having this conversation with you."He tries to barricade himself in his room but I jam my shoulder in so he can't shut the door. "Because if it's going to save me from full frontal humiliation, then I guess I'll get one. But I'd rather my garden of delights not look like a smooth kiddie playground."Their chemistry was tangible and I spent much of their alone time hoping for a steamy hookup.One of my favourite parts of Sam Cruz's Infallible Guide to Getting Girls was the dialogue. It was quick-witted, blunt and unabashed. I kept wondering what had me glued to the pages, since the plot was relatively predictable, and eventually I realized it was the realistic dialogue. This is how teenagers talk! They're emotional, quick to anger or hurt, but they're also resilient and quick to forgive and forget.Fast and entertaining, Sam Cruz's Infallible Guide to Getting Girls was a really fun read. The issues weren't soul-searchingly deep and the romance wasn't cutesy, but I loved it anyways! The characters were realistic, their emotions were tangible and the ending made me smile.